Eye dryness is a disease with various causes that accompanies tear layer and eye surface abnormalities, exhibiting symptoms such as tears, eye contractions, and lowered vision.
As part of the Premiere Eye Center’s Program, the cause of eye dryness is diagnosed by detailed examination of the patient's eye condition. Then an optimal treatment plan corresponding to the individual characteristics of the patient is offered.
Have you heard stories of how a person will report that they feel eye dryness and discomfort but the ophthalmologist will say there is no problem? We at Premier Eye Center reflect this subjective feeling into the eye dryness symptom diagnosis criteria. We will accept the patient's dryness symptom reports despite the eye seeming medically Okay at first glance. We try to reduce discomfort and put the patient at ease by providing appropriate treatment.
Dry eyes are affected by the environment. No matter how frequently you apply eye drops, symptoms won't improve unless lifestyle changes are made.
잘보는안과에서는 눈의 불편함을 개선하기 위해
약물 치료와 병행하여 환자분의 생활환경 변화와 생활습관 변화를 위해 노력합니다
Major Symptoms of Eye Dryness
1) There is a discomfort like a grain of sand in the eye.
2) Eyelids are heavy and feel headache.
3) The eyes are stiff.
4) Looks as if it is covered by a membrane.
5) Can't read books because eyes are tired easily.
6) Easily tear up in the wind.
7) Easily tear up in the wind.
8) Imflammatory treatment in the ophthalmologist was not effective.
9) Problem wearing contact lenses.
10) After sleep, eyelids stick together and do not come apart easily.
11) Feel glare and eyes keep closing.
12) Eyes are easily tired.
13) Feels like the eyes are falling.
14) Feels like eyes are burning in dry environments or places where there is little pollution.
15) Hard to cry when emotionally stressed.
16) A threadlike secretion forms.
17) Heavy eyelids.
18) Strain when working on a computer, reading books or when require constant eye concentration.
19) (If dryness is severe), the eyes become abnormally sensitive to light, causing extreme pain, or reduced vision.
Treatment of dry eyes
Schirmer test, Tear film break up time, Fluorescein stain We check dryness of the eyes through objective examination.
OSDI Through survey, the degree of dryness from the perspective of the doctor and patient are both diagnosed.
To determine the direction of treatment, we diagnose the degree of eye inflammation. (Blepharitis diagnose: SBM meibography)
We recommend the most suitable medication for the patient while observing lifestyle patterns and necessary changes to the patient's living environment.
We evaluate the response and side effects of treatment by observing the outcome of four laser treatments using IPL or medication one to two weeks later. We also check the patient's living environment and changes in lifestyle patterns.